Monday, December 13, 2010

Some of my WIPs


While I am not getting a lot of projects finished right now, I do have a few Works in Progress (WIP). So until I can get some more blocks ready for you, please enjoy these few.



Fancy Princes Feather


This is one of Mrs. Danners patterns. I have redrafted it and will offer it as a published pattern when complete.


There are nine of these blocks plus a border for a beautiful modern version of an antique quilt made in 1825.







This is the beginning of a block of the month from my quilt guild back at home. I was so going to keep up with this one this time.


I am making two of each block and making them 12 inches. So, I think it will make a nice size bed quilt. But alas, I am already behind due to the interuption in my life. Put it in the UFO pile!



I have a good friend at quilt quild that is getting my patterns for me while I am away, so I WILL get back to it and complete this one.



Thanks Helen!







I actually have started making this quilt twice now. I originally bought it as a block of the month from a very nice quilt shop in Golden, Colarado. Part way through, I lost my home to a fire and all my quilts too. So, one day I came across a new line of fabric that looked a lot like the fabrics used in the original BOM. So I searched out the pattern online and began again. This is done with needleturn applique and piecing is done by hand. I also plan to hand quilt this one.





And here is one that I actually did complete recently.. It usually hangs on my living room wall.







No comments:

Post a Comment